Now open for applications…
The Minster for Agriculture and Water Resources, the Hon Barnaby Joyce, yesterday announced that farming systems groups, community groups and individuals can now apply for grants of $5500 to $55,000 under the new National Landcare Programme Sustainable Agriculture Small Grants Round 2015-16.
A range of activities may be eligible, including:
- field days workshops, conferences
- demonstration events or workshops
- training or skill development sessions
- community information or education sessions
- development of decision-making tools
- development of new information channels within the current knowledge system
- conducting surveys.
The grants complement the delivery of the Agricultural Competitiveness White Paper by supporting the resilience, competitiveness and productivity of Australian agricultural and fishing industries. It is expected that the Small Grants Round will have a positive impact on farming systems groups, community groups and individuals, enabling them to increase industry capacity and support the adoption of productive management practices, while maintaining or enhancing the natural resource base.
Applications close 2pm (AEDT) Monday, 7 December 2015
For more information, visit: www.nrm.gov.au/agsmallgrants
or telephone 1800 283 940
Or contact the North East Catchment Management Authority on 1300 216 513
Please find attached invitation to the inaugural AGM for the Into Our Hands Community Foundation to be held at the Savoy Club on Friday 29th November.
On Monday, November 18th the Into Our Hands Community Foundation, Alpine and Indigo Whole of Community Landscape and Static Water Committee, Dederang Reserve Committee and Kancoona Quilters Group were awarded a High Commendation by the Minister for Police and Emergency Services, Kim Wells in the Resilient Australia Awards program that recognises innovation in emergency management and community safety.
Pictured: A few locals who attended (Terry Karis, Loretta Carroll, Jennette Howman, Ali Pockley and Cathy Sonnemann).
The next meeting is 3rd Sept 2013, Tuesday night, 7:30 pm at the Hall
With grants from FRRR and The Victorian Bushfire Appeal Fund, the ‘Alpine and Indigo Whole of CommunityLandscape and Static Water Project’ is funding the development of an Historical Journal, covering the fire affected districts of:
- Barwidgee Creek
- Running Creek
The journal will focus on development and the environment of these districts. Its purpose will be:
• “Research, development and publication of a historical journal exploring the development of farming and settlement in the district since traditional Aboriginal land management. There is no consolidated account of how the district was settled and developed after colonisation. This would more strongly connect the present community with the early struggle to pioneer and establish viable livelihoods in the valleys and the old age trees are a link between the past and the future.”
We are interested in anecdotal or printed stories and photos or sketches about your district – early settlement and the journey over time to present day.
1. Stories about early land use such as Aboriginal land use prior to European settlement, stock runs, gold mining, etc.
2. Land use after selection & settlement and the development of farming eg. clearing of land, building, farming through to current day, soldier settlement, etc.
3. How the use of local timber has been vital to district development eg. for fence posts, huts, water troughs, horse carriages, sawmills, etc.
4. Development of community assets such as hall, school, etc.
5. Tree/s of significance in your district – native or exotic
If you have any historical information and photos relating to the development of your district, please contact:
• Gail Harrison on
0427 968 485 or email@example.com
A membership renewal form has been recently sent out to all Mudgegonga & District members. We have kept the fee to $25.00 again for this year. If you are not a member and wish to join please contact the Secretary, Cindy Lucas at firstname.lastname@example.org or call her on 03 5753 4539 and she will send you a membership form.